It's hard to believe that I've completed my first year of med school.......no crying, no banging my head on the walls.....no tearing my hair out. In fact, I'm absolutely lovin' it! It did take half the year, however, to find that balance between doing well in classes and taking time for myself in order to remain sane and healthy (yes, I understand that "sane" is a relative term). I've learned that biochem is not the end of the world (unless enzymes that require lipoic acid as a cofactor are inhibited by arsenic.....that could be bad), that classmates are valuable sources of information (and alcohol.....no, actually we don't drink in med school), and that getting less than 100% on a test doesn't mean I not gonna be a good practitioner.
I can't imagine now even questioning whether I should take this step to become a physician. It's so easy to get settled in the life we live and not reach for the goals we set for ourselves. Ten years ago, almost to this day, I was playing for the USA Rugby Team at the '98 World Cup in Amsterdam. It was by playing at this level that I knew I could reach my goal of getting through med school. Although obstacles seemed to appear one after the other, the determination to actualize this dream never left me. Now I can practically see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. And it seems to be coming with a beautiful sandy beach! Yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Now get out there and live your dream!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment